John A. Seafisk Knows Nothing!

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
0 comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

Mas Musica!

Here's a little something passed along from Jim that's one of those get-to-know-me-better activities:

Total volume of music on my computer:
23.85 GB (6,622 songs)...and still growing!

The last CD I bought:
"Unemployment" by Kaiser Chiefs

Song playing right now:
"Explode and Make Up" by Sugar

Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:

1. "Wots....uh, the Deal?" by Pink Floyd - a beautiful, lesser-known song from one of my all-time favorite bands. This is off of "Obscured By Clouds", one of their pre-Dark Side albums.

2. "Touch of Grey" by The Grateful Dead - positive without being saccharine; singing "I will get by...I will survive" can bring you up when you're a bit down.

3. "I Don't Know" by The Replacments - very anarchic; it appears but isn't even on the track listings of their greatest hits compilation, "All For Nothing: Nothing For All".

4. "Revolution" by The Beatles - the rockin'-est song by the Fab Four; the scream at the beginning works quite well as primal therapy.

5. "1826" by Frank Black & The Catholics - perfect 6-minute guitar assault when you need one.


Five people to whom I'm passing the baton:
Jeremy
Lucubus
Maura
Young, New Librarian
Mr. Evilstar

Home